Indonesia just had a series of election, just in case you’ve been living under a rock, or you’re simply ignorant.
(Why does Indonesia’s elections matter, you might ask? Well, that’s another topic to discuss and I’m never going to discuss it. But fyi, on the top of my head, here are why Indonesia’s elections matter:
- Indonesia is the third largest democratic country in the world
- It is the biggest democratic Muslim country
- It is the biggest archipelago
- About 70% of us turned up for the presidential election and even more showed up for the legislative one.
- The presidential election was the most polarised one in Indonesia’s history.)
I’ve been quite proud of the result. We’ve got a new president and (not-so-new) vice president. I’ve also been quite happy with what they’re offering, in regards to plans and governmental strategies. Although, their stand on environmental issues is still wobbly, which is quite upsetting.
Another upsetting thing is about a horrible, nasty, crazy, unbelievable rumour that I heard. There’s been a gossip about tourism and how it’s not going to become one of the new government’s biggest concerns. Again.